Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Crab Masala


Crabs Curry is all time favorite, this is a mouth watering, finger licking, delicious and simple to make. My Mother In Law was making this everytime when we godown to Mulky,Mangalore (Karnataka). In mulky we get fresh fish and alive crabs. My MIL is to clean the alive crabs in Mulky and cook and serve her children.
I knew to cook Crabs. But I couldn't got the same taste. After so many attempts I got this taste.


Ingredients
Crabs 2 kg
Coconut gratings 1 cup
Onion 1 medium
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp for seasoning

Make powder of :
Kashmiri Red chilli 10
Short Red Chilli 5
Pepper 1tsp.
Cumin Seeds 2tsp.
Turmeric Powder 1tsp.

Grind :
Tamarind marble size with above Masala Powder. Grind(coarsly) Seperately Coconut.

Heat Oil in a Cooking Vessel, add chopped onion and fry for sometime, add crabs and fry. after sometime add masala. when half done add coconut. Add extra water if needed. make it dry. serve hot with boiled rice.

1 comment:

wholesale salwar suit catalogue said...

I knew to cook Crabs. But I couldn't got the same taste. After so many attempts I got this taste. pearl necklace usa , pearl necklace wholesale france ,

Wish U Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2007

Wish U Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2007
May your holiday season be bright.